When your business expands to the point where you need increased reliability and greater control of your systems, it is time to consider a colocated or a virtualized private cloud service.
THE NUMBER ONE BENEFIT OF HAVING YOUR OWN SERVER IS THAT IT BELONGS TO YOU
- You are not subject to slowdowns caused by other shared hosting users
- Your site is not affected by restrictions placed on shared hosting
- You are not subject to processes, scripts or other activities on shared hosting
- You have a greater degree of security because no one else has access to your server
- You eliminate reliability problems caused when you share with many other clients
- You can lock down access to your server as you wish
- You do not have to share power, memory or disk space with others
- You can install special software or configurations to meet your special requirements
- You can customize your firewall to enforce your own access control policy
- You can have your own unique IP address rather than sharing one address with others
WHEN PERFORMANCE IS CRITICAL
- Your pages come up quicker
- Your scripts run faster
- No slowdown from other shared activity
- No impact by other high traffic usage
- Eliminate crashes caused by another site
WHEN YOU MANAGE MANY DOMAINS
- Provides a more cost effective way of hosting multiple domains
- You can divide your server up based on your (client) needs
- Greater protection from hackers
Q: What is a self-managed account?
A: With a self-managed account you store your server in a data centre and take full responsibility to manage all the problems and configurations.
Q: What is a managed account?
A: With a managed account the DataHive system administrator solves the server problems and configurations.
Q: How do I choose a suitable data centre to manage my servers?
A: Ask about the qualifications of the staff and be sure to make accurate comparisons.
Q: What does it cost to have a virtualized server?
A: The cost is individually quoted against your requirements.
Q: What does it cost to have managed services?
A: DataHive will quote to your requirements.