Benefits of DataHive’s Colocation Service
Benefits of Data Hives Colocation Service
When your business expands to the point where you need increased reliability and greater control of your systems, it is time to consider a colocated or a virtualized private cloud service.
THE NUMBER ONE BENEFIT OF HAVING YOUR OWN SERVER IS THAT IT BELONGS TO YOU
- You are not subject to slowdowns caused by other shared hosting users
- Your site is not affected by restrictions placed on shared hosting
- You are not subject to processes, scripts or other activities on shared hosting
- You have a greater degree of security because no one else has access to your server
- You eliminate reliability problems caused when you share with many other clients
- You can lock down access to your server as you wish
- You do not have to share power, memory or disk space with others
- You can install special software or configurations to meet your special requirements
- You can customize your firewall to enforce your own access control policy
- You can have your own unique IP address rather than sharing one address with others
WHEN PERFORMANCE IS CRITICAL
- Your pages come up quicker
- Your scripts run faster
- No slowdown from other shared activity
- No impact by other high traffic usage
- Eliminate crashes caused by another site
WHEN YOU MANAGE MANY DOMAINS
- Provides a more cost effective way of hosting multiple domains
- You can divide your server up based on your (client) needs
- Greater protection from hackers
Q: What is a self-managed account?
A: With a self-managed account you store your server in a data centre and take full responsibility to manage all the problems and configurations.
Q: What is a managed account?
A: With a managed account the DataHive system administrator solves the server problems and configurations.
Q: How do I choose a suitable data centre to manage my servers?
A: Ask about the qualifications of the staff and be sure to make accurate comparisons.
Q: What does it cost to have a virtualized server?
A: The cost is individually quoted against your requirements.
Q: What does it cost to have managed services?
A: DataHive will quote to your requirements.