Reasons to Use DataHive’s Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service
More than just backup, DRaaS allows you to spin up VMs at DataHive in case of failure at your local site. This service is aimed at clients that operate their own virtual environments. Because we are compatible with all mainstream hypervisors, setup process is very easy. In most cases it’s as easy as typing in an IP address, username, password, and deciding how frequently the replication is to take place.
- Our solution is compatible with the following hypervisors: VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer
- Supported replication methods: VMware vSphere Replication, VMware converter, Hyper-V Replication, VEEAM Replication, Unitrends Replication … and more
- Support for clients with limited upload bandwidth: Initial seeding is available. Instead of uploading hundreds of gigabytes of data over the Internet, we can ship you a hard drive, you populate it with data, and send it back to act as the initial seed. After that, only small changes need to be sent.
Works with client connections as slow as 5Mbps upload per each 1TB data being replicated (depending on desired replication frequency).
- Recovery Time Objective (RTO): You can be up and running in as little as 5 minutes after a failure occurs.
- Recovery Point Objective (RPO): The most data you would lose in case of disaster can be as little as 15 minutes.
Can Businesses Afford Not to Consider DRaaS?
Today’s economy imposes upon enterprises the need to find new ways to reduce risk and remain competitive. This is especially true for small and medium-sized businesses. DRaaS is the solution to reduce risk and improve reliability and stability.
What Responsibilities do I Have with DRaaS?
With DataHive’s DRaaS, you only have to back up your data using DataHive as a second or “off-site” location. You can also add on the ability to run your application software with your data in the event of a disaster at your primary site.
Use DataHive expertise to help determine a strategic approach to DRaaS. Contact DataHive (403) 313-1106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.